Sunday, November 16, 2008

Antlers or Antennas? and the latest Rudy adventures...


So are these antlers (though a little early for Santa) or are they alien antennas? Rudy's ears are not standing up yet, so I took him to the vet to get them checked out - I wasn't even sure if it was too early yet (he was 13 weeks when I took him). The vet just wanted to try out how long Rudy would keep the tape on his ears if we were to tape them up, and this is the result. He actually left them taped all day and I took it off right before bed - though the gaze inside that tape had already been pulled. So by the end of the day, the antlers were really sagging.


We are continuing to work on house breaking and he does pretty good - well ok. He knows what to do outside but he will still go in the house. Thus he now wears the belly band or puppy diapers as some call it. This is so I don't have to clean up as many messes - though it seems like I am washing out the band alot!

Finally, we have started puppy classes this last Wed. It lasts for 8 weeks and hopefully it will teach me how to train Rudy - as you know the class is really for me not Rudy! We have learned one command so far - look - and he is great with it (even if he is just "looking" at the treat!). We have homework to practice the look command 3 times a day/ 10 times each session. The class is interesting as I am training with a clicker. When he does what he is supposed to, I click and he gets a treat. Thus he loves that clicker! Hopefully by the end of the class, he will be going outside, walking on a leash (verses being dragged on a leash), looking, coming, and staying. Stay tuned for updates!

No comments: