Sunday, November 9, 2008

Taco soup



I just had the best soup and I thought I would share. I have been craving since I first had it on Halloween. I got the recipe from a dear friend - thanks Tracey! Sooo yummy!

Santa Fe Soup

2 lbs. ground beef or turkey
1 onion, chopped
2 (.5 oz) Ranch dressing mix
2 (1 ¼ oz.) Taco mix
1 – 16 oz. can black beans, undrained
1 – 16 oz. can kidney beans, undrained
1 – 16 oz. can pinto beans, undrained
1 – 16 oz. can diced tomatoes with chilies, undrained
1 – 16 oz. can tomato wedges, undrained
(I used plain diced tomatoes since I couldn’t find wedges and I didn’t feel like cutting them.)
2 – 16 oz. can white corn, undrained
2 cups water

Cook meat and onion together until meat is browned. Stir in Ranch and taco seasonings into meat. Add remaining ingredients with juices from all. Add water and simmer for 2 hours.

Garnishes: sour cream, shredded cheese, sliced green onions, Fritos or tortilla chips.
This makes a ton of soup. Freeze extra for later.
Once the soup was in my bowl I put cheddar cheese on top and had fritos with it. YUMMY!

No comments: