Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Fostering....

Late September, Florida Baptist Childrens' Home (FBCH) visited my church, Summit (the most awesomest(I know but I like that word) church around) to talk about fostering children. God stirred in my heart and so I checked it out some. At first, I didn't know if this is something God wanted me to do but I started the process. I have come to realize this is going to be a new ministry for me so I am very excited at what God is going to do. Also, I am really scared - but what new mom isn't. At first I wasn't sure if this is really what God wanted for me, but things have just fallen into place that God has reassured me that He wants me to do this for Him - to take care of some of His children in need. As of today I am nearing the end of the process to get licensed - just some paperwork to wait on. Terry from FBCH gave us a date of about Feb 1st of when I should have my license. I am cleaning out the purple room to get it ready. I am slowly trying to acquire some toys to get ready. Most importantly I am praying for wisdom and strength. Please pray for this new ministry.

2 comments:

kaj said...

Wow! That is a really big thing. Good luck with it. What ages are you interested in? With you teaching background, you should do really well.

Becky said...

So Cool! I am a huge advocate of fostering and hope and pray that its something our family get to do down the road. Good for you!