Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Pursuing Intimacy....



I have been overwhelmed lately with knowing how much God truly loves me, how much He is pursuing me. How much He wants to spend time with me, talk with me, and just love me. I have known for many many years about His love for me (and for you) but recently I have been floored with that knowledge. I have a renewed desire to read His word, pray, and be in His presence. At church recently Todd talked about dying to self and gave the real example of how he needed to die to sleep to spend time with God. That's so what I needed to hear. That is my new prayer and ambition - to die to sleep by getting up earlier and seeking Him first thing. I just love to sleep so it's always been hard to get up even a minute before I have to. Now I am working on getting up and seeking God - pursuing intimacy first thing. I know God is going to bless my efforts and most importantly, our relationship is going to grow and get stronger. Yeah!

No comments: